Folk Boost

A place for Do it Yourself projects

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Folk Boost

Postby cajone5 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:47 am

I'm going to try to source parts for this tonight -- hopefully this will be next weekend's project!

Question -- I may source enough parts for 3-4 extra "kits" -- would anyone be interested? If you are would you want enclosure/knob too or just the board/parts? If there's not really any interest I'll just get the parts for myself.

Let me know -- thanks!
Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

BJFe: DIY CB, DIY FF 3.5%
cajone5

Guitars:: 2006 Taylor 214e
2014 Fender Strat 60th Anniversary
Mainland Tenor Uke
amps: 5e3 Deluxe
'68 Custom Deluxe Reverb
pedals: 99

Postby cajone5 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:46 am

Wow... no one? :confused2

OK then looks like I'll be building this one solo :wtf:

cajone5

Mainland Tenor Uke
'68 Custom Deluxe Reverb

Postby MBT74 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:30 am

cajone5 wrote:Wow... no one? :confused2

What would it cost for the parts? I'm not sure my skills are up to it just yet but I plan to get myself sorted and trying things very soon so why not give myself incentives?

Feel free to PM me if you'd prefer this conversation was offline. :thumbup:
MBT74

pedals: 0

Postby cannikin » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:50 pm

I'm waiting for my tools to get out of storage and actually looking forward bulding a boost in the near future.

you aren't alone :)
cannikin

Guitars:: Jaguar,
amps: Silverface Princeton reverb
pedals: 18

Postby cajone5 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:09 pm

MBT74 wrote:

What would it cost for the parts? I'm not sure my skills are up to it just yet but I plan to get myself sorted and trying things very soon so why not give myself incentives?

Feel free to PM me if you'd prefer this conversation was offline. :thumbup:

Not sure on pricing exactly -- for board and parts probably fairly cheap (~$30-40 shipped). For a board, parts, enclosure, knob, jacks, power jack, battery snap, pot, switch, LED & bezel... probably more like $80-90. I already ordered the supplies for my build but should have enough parts to make 1-2 kits if anyone's interested (bought some things for other projects but if folks want to give this a run I don't mind pulling together a kit or two out of what I have). The builds would be on a small square board similar to the one posted earlier in the thread and we'd have to work from that schematic as well since I'm not too up to speed on those things. So let me know if anyone is interested and I'll do my best to get a more solid idea of price in the next week or two once I have parts in.

Thanks!

cajone5

Mainland Tenor Uke
'68 Custom Deluxe Reverb

Postby thesjkexperience » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:23 pm

I have a question about wiring pedals. I am trying to install a buffer in my SBEQ and I can't see well enough, even with 150 reading glasses, to see the little wires and holes. Do any of you use something like magnifying glasses with a light on them to see better? If so, what is it called and where to get them?

:sign_offtopic
Gunbarrel Guitars, Evidence Audio wires.
thesjkexperience

Guitars:: All Gunbarrel Custom Guitars: Teles, Jazzmasters, Strats, LP TV double cut, 1 54 LP flametop. Now all with Gunbarrel hand wound in Colorado pickups!
amps: Tungsten Buckwheat, Crema Wheat & Cortez. Morgan AC40 Deluxe w/2 Golds!
pedals: 15

Postby cajone5 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:36 pm

thesjkexperience wrote:I have a question about wiring pedals. I am trying to install a buffer in my SBEQ and I can't see well enough, even with 150 reading glasses, to see the little wires and holes. Do any of you use something like magnifying glasses with a light on them to see better? If so, what is it called and where to get them?

:sign_offtopic

I don't own one but I have a magnifying glass on my "third hand" that I use for soldering...

http://www.amazon.com/Helping-Hands-wit ... s_indust_3

You can also search google shopping for "lighted magnifying glass" and find a ton of stuff.

:)

cajone5

Mainland Tenor Uke
'68 Custom Deluxe Reverb

Postby MBT74 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:41 pm

cajone5 wrote:
Not sure on pricing exactly -- for board and parts probably fairly cheap (~$30-40 shipped). For a board, parts, enclosure, knob, jacks, power jack, battery snap, pot, switch, LED & bezel... probably more like $80-90. I already ordered the supplies for my build but should have enough parts to make 1-2 kits if anyone's interested (bought some things for other projects but if folks want to give this a run I don't mind pulling together a kit or two out of what I have). The builds would be on a small square board similar to the one posted earlier in the thread and we'd have to work from that schematic as well since I'm not too up to speed on those things. So let me know if anyone is interested and I'll do my best to get a more solid idea of price in the next week or two once I have parts in.

Thanks!

Yeah, count me in if you don't mind. I appreciate the effort you're making.
MBT74

pedals: 0

Postby cajone5 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:21 pm

MBT74 wrote:
cajone5 wrote:

Thanks!

Yeah, count me in if you don't mind. I appreciate the effort you're making.

Will do -- I'll post more info in a week or two once all the stuff arrives :thumbup:
I should have enough to make one more kit as well if anyone is interested.

cajone5

Mainland Tenor Uke
'68 Custom Deluxe Reverb

Postby cajone5 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:57 pm

MBT74 wrote:Yeah, count me in if you don't mind. I appreciate the effort you're making.

Hey man -- wanted to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :sign_partytime

I know you're avoiding some of the other forums so you don't ruin your surprise Bearfoot pedal so I figured this was as good a place as any to say it!

:sign_rockon

cajone5

Mainland Tenor Uke
'68 Custom Deluxe Reverb

PreviousNext

Return to Folk Forum (DIY projects)