New DIY time again soon?

A place for Do it Yourself projects

Moderator: Moderators

New DIY time again soon?

Postby ak47 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:03 am

I know everyone has their plates quite full but it would at least be nice to get a discussion going again.. Anyone interested and if so what floats your boat? :mrgreen:
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." - Hunter S. Thompson
ak47

pedals: 0

Re: New DIY time again soon?

Postby thesjkexperience » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:10 am

I still have not finished my cherry booster! Pedal making is tricky, but it turns out I do have a talent for winding pickups and building guitars!
Gunbarrel Guitars, Evidence Audio wires.
thesjkexperience

Guitars:: All Gunbarrel Custom Guitars: Teles, Jazzmasters, Strats, LP TV double cut, 1 54 LP flametop. Now all with Gunbarrel hand wound in Colorado pickups!
amps: Tungsten Buckwheat, Crema Wheat & Cortez. Morgan AC40 Deluxe w/2 Golds!
pedals: 15

Postby ak47 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:33 am

thesjkexperience wrote:I still have not finished my cherry booster! Pedal making is tricky, but it turns out I do have a talent for winding pickups and building guitars!

A bit tricky maybe but if you can solder in pickups etc you'll be fine :mrgreen: Is that one of your builds in your avatar? Gorgeous flame! :music
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." - Hunter S. Thompson
ak47

Postby polifemo » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:25 am

Built the Folk Fuzz but missed the buffer and the booster... :greensad

Maybe an overdrive or a distortion this time?

Have been building lots of fuzzes of my own design (have incorporated some nice ideas from Björn as well :glasses ) lately, but I'm in for a new DIY-project!
polifemo

Postby BJF » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:58 pm

Hi

It would be fun to have the Folk fuzz and Cherry Buster rerun.

That you Professor polifemo, Indeed I do have your fuzz that you made specially for me and it's mainstay in my arsenal.

I like ideas that aren't the typical but that may look at solutions from unusual angles

More DIY I would applaud and I can think of some circuits that might be fun but I think I may then need help with pcb's and kits and I know it is most fun to build a complete pedal.

Let's see if we can get some more seasoned guys like John Frommel and others to help out

Have great fun
BJ
BJF

Guitars:: Les Pauls, V with P-90's and humbuckers, strats,tele duo-jet and expanding; pick ups mostly Lundgren or BJF/ Lundgren
Danelectro Barython
amps: MP CS-40, MP101, Hiwatt Custom 200, Hiwatt Custom 100, VOX AC15
Fender Blues De Ville, Fender Super Reverb, Marshall 5150 through various speakers
pedals: 42

Postby ak47 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:38 pm

Count me in! :mrgreen:

How about a FFF... 'Folky Fuzz Faze'?

Kind of like a folk fuzz and a folk phase blended in a melting pot... hmm.. anyone remember the Roland AP7? :mrgreen:

Deluxe of course :music
ak47

Postby ak47 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:09 pm

Bumpity :pedallove Anyone??

An octavia might be fun :mrgreen:
ak47

Postby ak47 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:33 pm

VCF? :mrgreen:
ak47

Postby cajone5 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:55 pm

ak47 wrote:VCF? :mrgreen:

Would love to make an auto-wah pedal DIY. The DIY meatball (meatsphere) is on my short list once I have time to build again.

Been ages since I've posted and I'd have to dig but I may still have Cherry Buster boards around (5 or 6 if I recall). I also have the circuit schematic and parts list...

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8489/8247 ... 9042_b.jpg
https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8064/8231 ... 5cd5_b.jpg

I don't plan to source anymore part kits though but PM if you need a board (and will actually use it). I may be slow responding but I'll try to check in periodically over the next few days.

Glad to see more DIY here-- I'd definitely like to be a part of any future efforts.
Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

BJFe: DIY CB, DIY FF 3.5%
cajone5

Guitars:: 2006 Taylor 214e
2014 Fender Strat 60th Anniversary
Mainland Tenor Uke
amps: 5e3 Deluxe
'68 Custom Deluxe Reverb
pedals: 99

Postby ak47 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:14 am

Cool.. The cherry buster was my first build and was a raging success in terms of both my learning curve and being a really killer pedal! :mrgreen: Highly recommended!

The more I think of it, a VCF autowah makes a lot of sense.. Anyone else? :pedallove
ak47

Next

Return to Folk Forum (DIY projects)