Folk Boost

A place for Do it Yourself projects

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Folk Boost

Postby jdandry » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:23 am

Got this from Bjorn yesterday, thought I should share..Sorry, my build is a little delayed, trying to finish a paper for school.

Hi John,
I don't have time to log in a post but here you go.
DC input goes to battery clip or DC jack
The two points for B+ just connects on pcb ( it just makes a messy drawing unless dividing the points)
B+ on IC is pin 6
Pin 4 on IC goes to ground
This is single supply operated circuit and you can use a powersupply ranging from 6V to 20V but be very ware of output swing if supply is raised higher than 9V's.
50K C
C is the japanese and european suffix for antilog also known as reverselog.
This pot 50KC can be had from smallbearelec
http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=116
the 47nF input cap is a plastic film suggested Mouser partnumber:
505-MKS2.047/63/10
the littlenote on the side of the cap in the schematic is an M and denotes in my own program a plasticfilm capacitor and you will find a similar small letter on the other two small caps 560pF and 100pF 'G' which denotes in my own program Glimmer or Mica but ceramic will actually do just fine.

I'd think several would be waiting to hear what this one sounds like and it's a simple build and requires no precautions and works every time so it should make a fine folk project

Have fun
BJ
jdandry

Postby Your name here » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:30 am

Thanks for sharing that, John! I can't wait to get started on mine... Good luck with your paper! :-)
My rainbow of BJFe:

BJFe.org CB --> RRB --> PGC --> CAF 4K -->AWF! --> "Bjorn again" Phase 90 -->BBOD --> EGDM --> MG --> SBEQ --> BPB --> BJFe Echoverb
Your name here

Guitars:: Main Guitars: Nocaster, 1962 Strat, ES335, PRS McCarty, Jaguar, Danelectros...
amps: Morgan AC20 Deluxe 1x12, brown Princeton, Silvertone 1482, Ampeg Gemini II, '63 Vox AC30, Harmony h430, Dr. Z Mini Z combo, Alamo Montclair... Etc...
pedals: 50

Postby Hulakatt » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:08 pm

I can't wait to get started either but I need to order a whole mess of parts right now for this and a few other builds i have building up on my desk.
"I don't make things in order to have finished objects, I have finished objects as a by-product of my need to always be making."
-Adam Savage

BJFe: SBEQ, DRD, MG, EGDM
Bearfoot: BPB
Hulakatt

Guitars:: Edwards LP, pine Tele parts-o-caster, Strat parts-o-caster
amps: Marsh 5e3, Triode jtm50 "Black Flag" 50 watt, Silvertone 1484, "Drip Edge" Fender Bandmaster
pedals: 42

Postby Your name here » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:32 am

:coffeenews
My rainbow of BJFe:

BJFe.org CB --> RRB --> PGC --> CAF 4K -->AWF! --> "Bjorn again" Phase 90 -->BBOD --> EGDM --> MG --> SBEQ --> BPB --> BJFe Echoverb
Your name here

Guitars:: Main Guitars: Nocaster, 1962 Strat, ES335, PRS McCarty, Jaguar, Danelectros...
amps: Morgan AC20 Deluxe 1x12, brown Princeton, Silvertone 1482, Ampeg Gemini II, '63 Vox AC30, Harmony h430, Dr. Z Mini Z combo, Alamo Montclair... Etc...
pedals: 50

Postby jdandry » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:27 pm

ok, sorry for the delay, end of school stuff..I will be making a trip to the electronics store for parts either today or tomorrow.
I'll get it going then.
jdandry

Postby Hulakatt » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:44 pm

waiting on a parts order myself.

May as well
:study
in the meantime...
"I don't make things in order to have finished objects, I have finished objects as a by-product of my need to always be making."
-Adam Savage

BJFe: SBEQ, DRD, MG, EGDM
Bearfoot: BPB
Hulakatt

Guitars:: Edwards LP, pine Tele parts-o-caster, Strat parts-o-caster
amps: Marsh 5e3, Triode jtm50 "Black Flag" 50 watt, Silvertone 1484, "Drip Edge" Fender Bandmaster
pedals: 42

Postby SteveA » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:11 am

Any news on the Folk Boost? Anyone got a first version going? Would be nice to compare to the BPB ,etc..
BJF: BPB, CHII, MG, MH4K, PGC, PH, LGW & RRB
SteveA

Guitars:: Fender Stratocaster CS Pro
amps: Divided by 13 EDT
pedals: 12

Postby cajone5 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:09 am

I won't be able to start until after the holidays but hopefully I can get something together by end of Jan. Would love to hear some feedback though. And if someone could do a vero layout or circuit boards that'd be awesome :thumbup:
Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

BJFe: DIY CB, DIY FF 3.5%
cajone5

Guitars:: 2006 Taylor 214e
2014 Fender Strat 60th Anniversary
Mainland Tenor Uke
amps: 5e3 Deluxe
'68 Custom Deluxe Reverb
pedals: 99

Postby thesjkexperience » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:47 am

I hope this doesn't get too off topic, but where are you guys getting parts? Radio Shack, Mouser, Small Bear? In the short run I want to fix a few reverb/trem footswitches and need a few male stereo jacks. I also want to try a 90 degree to see if that cuts down on shorts.
Gunbarrel Guitars, Evidence Audio wires.
thesjkexperience

Guitars:: All Gunbarrel Custom Guitars: Teles, Jazzmasters, Strats, LP TV double cut, 1 54 LP flametop. Now all with Gunbarrel hand wound in Colorado pickups!
amps: Tungsten Buckwheat, Crema Wheat & Cortez. Morgan AC40 Deluxe w/2 Golds!
pedals: 15

Postby Joeleo » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:57 pm

thesjkexperience wrote:I hope this doesn't get too off topic, but where are you guys getting parts? Radio Shack, Mouser, Small Bear? In the short run I want to fix a few reverb/trem footswitches and need a few male stereo jacks. I also want to try a 90 degree to see if that cuts down on shorts.

I usually get parts from Mouser, but the website is a little intimidating. The first coupe builds I did, I chose pedal parts plus because it was easier (for a noob like me at the time) to find the actual stuff I needed. I've decided never to order from Small Bear anymore because they haven't labeled any of the parts they've sent me any of the 3 times I've ordered from them... :banghead
Joeleo

Guitars:: Warmoth/Fender Jazzmaster
Baker Junior
Couple of Partscaster Strats
Ibanez AS73 (heavily modified)
amps: Nolatone CL-30
Silverface Twin
Marshall JTM 610
pedals: 10

PreviousNext

Return to Folk Forum (DIY projects)