Folk pFaze 4.5%

A place for Do it Yourself projects

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Folk pFaze 4.5%

Postby jfromel » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:20 pm

mills wrote:
(also, I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't like a tall stompbox. I always felt a little rediculous not wanting to put things into 125B sized box :) )

interesting, I started using 125B size boxes so I could fit all the jacks on top, thus saving a lot of real estate on the pedal board. Are there others out there bothered by the 125B size box?
Part time pedal builder with a day job now with a web site http://www.fromelelectronics.com
jfromel

Postby mills » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:19 pm

Yeah, its weird... I don't even know that its really a practical thing. With my lack of building skills I should be all over something with more room, but they just don't sit right. Nothing major, and it wouldn't keep me from buying or building a pedal with one... just preference if I can avoid them.

I guess I've never been so pressed for pedalboard space that I needed the jacks up top, and since most of my pedals are side jacks one or two top jacks makes for some wierd cable setups.
mills

Guitars:: Fender P/J Bass, Fender strat/tele hybrid
amps: 5e3 clone, solidstate bass head
pedals: 20

Postby Corksniffer » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:41 pm

jfromel wrote:
mills wrote:
(also, I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't like a tall stompbox. I always felt a little rediculous not wanting to put things into 125B sized box :) )

interesting, I started using 125B size boxes so I could fit all the jacks on top, thus saving a lot of real estate on the pedal board. Are there others out there bothered by the 125B size box?

I used to use 125s but once I worked at everything a bit I realized I could fit all the same stuff into the smaller 1290s so I moved to those. If we are working on a 2-stomp pedal are we looking at a 1590B?
Corksniffer

Postby BJF » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:34 am

Hi,

I'm thinking a bufferthing could be a parallell project to this Phazer ramp- a -ton;)
Ithink this will end up being a great fun project and a different thing from anythingelse comparable.

For a two footswitch circuit such as this I'd like a wide box and at suitable height for easy footswitching. However depending on pcb size it could be possible to fit this also into narrower and taller boxes. I know some like that and all connectors on one side.

It's all good

Have fun
BJ
BJF

Guitars:: Les Pauls, V with P-90's and humbuckers, strats,tele duo-jet and expanding; pick ups mostly Lundgren or BJF/ Lundgren
Danelectro Barython
amps: MP CS-40, MP101, Hiwatt Custom 200, Hiwatt Custom 100, VOX AC15
Fender Blues De Ville, Fender Super Reverb, Marshall 5150 through various speakers
pedals: 42

Postby siderealtime » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:03 pm

im in the "wider is better than taller" camp as well. mostly a feel and aesthetic thing. also the taller pedals can get in the way if you want to put one on the first row of the pedalboard, but with a regular height pedal behind it.
siderealtime

Guitars:: PRS Singlecut 245
amps: Category5 Andrew
pedals: 0

Postby jfromel » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:28 am

I am thinking a 1590BB laid out horizontal like this layout I did for a custom Dyna Vice.

Part time pedal builder with a day job now with a web site http://www.fromelelectronics.com
jfromel

Postby jfromel » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:39 am

I ordered a couple of DIY PCB's that I can modify to mock this up on
jfromel

Postby thiscalltoarms » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:27 am

admittedly, i know almost nothing about electrics.

but could there be a way to make the led flash in time to the speed of phasing? or would that make it too difficult for a noob like me to build?
A delay addict with a taste for good drives.

BJFE: HBOD, SBEQ, SYODv1, PGOD
Bearfeet: PGC, Honey Bair, BPB, Model G, AWF, SBEQ
Mad Professor: SGD
thiscalltoarms

Guitars:: Gibson SG Special Faded w/ moons
Suhr Custom Classic T Chambered
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Taylor 414ce
Myka Custom SG
Suhr Classic Pro Metallic
amps: Suhr PT100
Budda Superdrive 18w 112
Dr. Z Maz 18 NR w/ Z 2x10
1980 Fender Vibro Champ
Two Notes Torpedo Modelers

and a Vox AC30 for fly dates
pedals: 26

Postby jfromel » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:55 am

thiscalltoarms wrote:admittedly, i know almost nothing about electrics.

but could there be a way to make the led flash in time to the speed of phasing? or would that make it too difficult for a noob like me to build?

That's actually in the current design, the LED off R25 will throb with the speed of the LFO.
jfromel

Postby Andy J. » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:54 pm

...I've been using this killer old beat-to death Ibanez PhaseTone I loaned from my friend and realizing I need a phaser, so I'm definitely in for a Folk pFaze!!
Andy J.

Guitars:: '96 LP Std, '97 Ibanez Talman, '06 Squier 51
amps: '74 Carlsbro TR 60
pedals: 15

PreviousNext

Return to Folk Forum (DIY projects)