Folk pFaze 4.5%

A place for Do it Yourself projects

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Folk pFaze 4.5%

Postby jfromel » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:27 pm

OK update bump, I have been slammed with orders for my EQ and had no time to work on this, in the meantime I ran out of Seraph boards and was having problems with the PCB manufacturer so I am re-designing the Seraph PCB with the new software and trying to get about 10 pedals out of the custom shop. And that is all the whining I will do, I have been a busy pedal maker.

My assistant is going to full time in the summer while he is out of school so hopefully I can have some breathing room to get the folk phase off the drawing board and onto the bread board.

On that note, this is a folk project, meaning that all you folks should be participating!!!!! This can be made on a phase 45 board and a small perf board on the side.
Part time pedal builder with a day job now with a web site http://www.fromelelectronics.com
jfromel

Postby noelgrassy » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:09 am

Yay! jfromel it's nice to hear of successful home enterprises. Will you be able to quit your day job with your new found wealth?LOL. Bootsy Collins once said, "Self employment doesn't mean self enjoyment". :wink:

So is there a confirmed and approved schematic with which to compare with an MXR schematic? Any parts that must be from a certain mfgr. that you can recommend? Can I presume that metal film resistors would be your choice in this circuit? I'll go find the Phase 45 schemadix while I wait for your response. I've got more time than money so don't rush on my account. Thanks for your continued interest and the building tips,

Noel Grassy.
Attachments
applause.gif
applause.gif (156.87 KiB) Viewed 816 times
Power Chords don't contain a third, so the maj&min qualities are not present. Heavy distortion adds harmonic content, and only perfect intervals have enough consonance to be clearly articulated at high distortion levels_DFunk
noelgrassy

Postby jfromel » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:40 pm

noelgrassy wrote:Yay! jfromel it's nice to hear of successful home enterprises. Will you be able to quit your day job with your new found wealth?LOL. Bootsy Collins once said, "Self employment doesn't mean self enjoyment". :wink:

So is there a confirmed and approved schematic with which to compare with an MXR schematic? Any parts that must be from a certain mfgr. that you can recommend? Can I presume that metal film resistors would be your choice in this circuit? I'll go find the Phase 45 schemadix while I wait for your response. I've got more time than money so don't rush on my account. Thanks for your continued interest and the building tips,

Noel Grassy.

I really enjoy building pedals and the extra money I have made for my family really helps with the economy in the shitter (I am a Realtor, you can only guess how awesome that is right now). Can't quite quit the day job yet unless we move to a much less expensive area (Like India or S Dakota).

I posted the schem on this earlier in the thread and it can be built on any phase 45 board with a perf side board for the ramp. No special parts but you need to match your JFETs for awesome pFaze goodness. I think Keen has an article on his site about how to match them.
Part time pedal builder with a day job now with a web site http://www.fromelelectronics.com
jfromel

Postby Baggy » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:02 am

Hi There,

Did this Project get off the ground because it looks really interesting, the P45 parts are easy sourced but the ramp section is little trickier. So i have a few questions if anyone can answer them. Can any opto coupler do the the as i cant seem to find this particular vactrol or can a VTL5C3 be used, Also the swicthes on tc14 and the voltage regulator, Are these individual switches for diffenrent or is it a 2 gang toggle switch?

thanks in advance

Bill
Baggy

Guitars:: Fender 72 Telecaster Thinline reissue 2002, Gibson Flying v 2016 T, Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic lite 2016.
amps: Vox AC4C1
pedals: 2

Previous

Return to Folk Forum (DIY projects)