'Splain yer Handle !!!

BJFE community interaction on other topics,Tourboxes etc.

Re: 'Splain yer Handle !!!

Postby cajone5 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:01 pm

cajone5 = C + A + Jones

my name :)
Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

BJFe: DIY CB, DIY FF 3.5%
cajone5

Guitars:: 2006 Taylor 214e
2014 Fender Strat 60th Anniversary
Mainland Tenor Uke
amps: 5e3 Deluxe
'68 Custom Deluxe Reverb
pedals: 99

Postby TCauble » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:50 am

Mine is simply my name. Not very creative I know..
TCauble

Guitars:: Danocaster Telecaster, G&L ASAT Classic, Gibson J-45
amps: Divided By 13 SJT 10/20, 1975 Fender Champ
pedals: 11

Postby montecarlo » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:19 pm

I'm a guitarist trapped inside a physicist working in Quantum Monte Carlo methods.
montecarlo

Guitars:: G&L Comanche
'76 Les Paul Custom
amps: Reinhardt 18
pedals: 6

Postby swampy » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:07 pm

swampy is the sound of my boots deepened into the mire
swampy

Guitars:: Gibson SG Special P90's - Fender Jaguar, Fender Strat - Gibson Victory - Squire SuperSonic - Gibson SG 61 RI
amps: Hiwatt DR504 half stack 4x12 Fane - Telrad 1x12 combo w/ Vibrato - JC160 - Blackheart Handsome Devil 1x12 combo
pedals: 80

Postby this1smyne » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:12 am

This1smyne was the name i came up with when i was in high school and desperately needed an email account, and couldn't for the life of me think of one. i hated all the 'sk8erboy' or 'guitar guy' or whatever, and ended up with this1smyne. its my tag for everything, and eventually became my business too ;)
this1smyne

Postby Joeleo » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:23 am

Well, back when i studied jazz guitar for a bit during undergrad i had a class assignment where we had to take a jazz standard and reharmonize the changes, and then come up with a new melody over that reharmonization. The idea was to see just how different one tune could be from another even though they share the same form and were born out of the same basic idea.

Anyway, I reharmonized and reworked a rhythm changes tune called "Oleo". Since my name is Joel I decided to title it "Joeleo". The nickname stuck with me through the years and some of my friends still call me that to this day.
Joeleo

Guitars:: Warmoth/Fender Jazzmaster
Baker Junior
Couple of Partscaster Strats
Ibanez AS73 (heavily modified)
amps: Nolatone CL-30
Silverface Twin
Marshall JTM 610
pedals: 10

Postby colourtones » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:15 pm

Eskimo_Joe wrote:Eskimo Joe's is a bar/restaurant where I went to undergrad. Really awesome place. They have the second most popular t-shirt in the world behind the Hard Rock.

E. Joe
I still live in that quaint little college town. So when I did my undergraduate at Berklee(Boston), the east coast jazz harmony speak for notes other than chord tones(1,3,5,7) was tensions or extensions. Really hip cats called them colortones. Liking all things british, I went with the queen's colour spelling and "colourtones" was born.
colourtones

Postby Skychurch » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:13 am

Mines not too creative but I always liked it.

Skychurch; the name of the informal ensemble Jimi Hendrix put together at the Woodstock Festival.
Skychurch

Guitars:: John Suhr Classic
1958 Les Paul RI
amps: Speedster Deluxe 25W
pedals: 15

Postby musicsoma » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:57 am

I thought this was a fun thread. My handle has multiple layers. U2 has a song called "Miracle Drug". During an interview Bono explained that music was his sort of miracle drug through which he was able to express and experience freedom. I can definitely relate to this concept.

Along the drug train of thought, in Aldous Huxley's Brave New World, he describes a drug called SOMA as follows: "All the advantages of Christianity and alcohol; none of their defects."

I lead the worship for a church but often hate the baggage that seems to be associated with the title "Christian". People have a lot of different ideas of what it means to be a "Christian". For me, it is about love... loving God and loving all people (not just those who ascribe to a certain systematic theology).

If you strip away the other things, you are left with "all the advantages of Christianity" and "none of (the) defects."
musicsoma

pedals: 0

Postby Joeleo » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:19 am

Brave New World is one of my favorite books ever! I figured your screenname had something to do with it.

I know this isn't the place to get into faith-based conversations, so i'll just say that I really like and appreciate your analogy to the church. :thumbup:

musicsoma wrote:I thought this was a fun thread. My handle has multiple layers. U2 has a song called "Miracle Drug". During an interview Bono explained that music was his sort of miracle drug through which he was able to express and experience freedom. I can definitely relate to this concept.

Along the drug train of thought, in Aldous Huxley's Brave New World, he describes a drug called SOMA as follows: "All the advantages of Christianity and alcohol; none of their defects."

I lead the worship for a church but often hate the baggage that seems to be associated with the title "Christian". People have a lot of different ideas of what it means to be a "Christian". For me, it is about love... loving God and loving all people (not just those who ascribe to a certain systematic theology).

If you strip away the other things, you are left with "all the advantages of Christianity" and "none of (the) defects."
Joeleo

Guitars:: Warmoth/Fender Jazzmaster
Baker Junior
Couple of Partscaster Strats
Ibanez AS73 (heavily modified)
amps: Nolatone CL-30
Silverface Twin
Marshall JTM 610
pedals: 10

PreviousNext

Return to Community Forum