Roll Call

BJFE community interaction on other topics,Tourboxes etc.

Re: Roll Call

Postby Joeleo » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:16 am

Well i've posted here a bit, so i thought i might tell you all a little about me. I'm 27, from the greater Detroit area. I'm in a Ph D. program and work for the same university.

I've played guitar for as long as i can remember, played/toured in various bands, etc. Writing, recording, and doing gigs when i can (usually about once per month) have been great ways for me to balance the rigors of doctoral study.

I love making partscasters, and try to stay up on multiple playing styles. The ones i devote the most attention to are jazz and indie-rock.

Oh, and i was only very recently turned on to the magic of :bjorn , but i am a firm believer.
Joeleo

Guitars:: Warmoth/Fender Jazzmaster
Baker Junior
Couple of Partscaster Strats
Ibanez AS73 (heavily modified)
amps: Nolatone CL-30
Silverface Twin
Marshall JTM 610
pedals: 10

Postby ruralfrance » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:30 am

Hi Everyone,

I'm fairly new to BJFE gear and this board and wanted to say hi! :wave

My names Rob. I'm 29 and I'm from London England where I live with my wife Claire and our two cats. I've played in a couple of bands (mostly indie/country/punk stuff) and I run a small boutique record label that puts out 7" records and other bits n bobs.

I've started with a Honey Bee (it look like most do!) but I'm on the lookout for other BJFE pedals now as I love it so much. :love10

Hope I can contribute to this forum as you all seem like a good bunch!!

Cheers, Rob
ruralfrance

Guitars:: 1999 Fender Telecaster (American Series)
Univox Hi-Flier (Phase 3)
Martin OM18V Acoustic
amps: Orange single channel AC30
Marshall 4x12 Cab
pedals: 9

Postby The Masked Marvel » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:52 pm

I'm D.L. Nailling. Those of you who used to frequent the Musictoyz boards back when they weren't totally awful might remember me.

I'm a 30-year-old substitute teacher living in Austin, Texas. I'd rather be a full-time teacher (B.A. in History from Brandeis University, M.Ed. in Secondary Education from Vanderbilt University, licensed to teach both History and Social Studies in Texas), but the budget situation down here is out of control. So I'm subbing in the hopes that administrators in the area will take note of me.

I mostly stick with an acoustic these days, but I still drag out a Telecaster from time to time. A HB is ALWAYS connected in those instances... Going on eight years with mine and it's still the only overdrive box I can't go without.
The Texan turned out to be good-natured, generous and likable. In three days no one could stand him. -Josepf Heller, "Catch 22"
The Masked Marvel

Guitars:: Collings all mahogany OM-1, Gibson Hummingbird, Fender Telecaster Custom
amps: 1962 Fender Deluxe, 1963 Fender Bassman
pedals: 0

Postby Finn » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:01 am

Kev, 43...was known on musictoyz as Bb...played in a Santa Cruz, CA band called Oka Road between 1999 and 2005.

I left a high paying engineering management job in 2005 and moved back east (NH, where I was born), threw away my cellphone (and most of my non-music technology), did a bit of traveling and went back to school to get my Masters degree in....teaching secondary mathematics...I'm currently teaching in rural NH.

I join these boards early (harmony central then gaspedal/toyz) and leave when folks get...ugly.

I'm not married but spoken for...we have a 15 week old boy named Finn (named after Fionn mac Cumhaill...mythical Irish warrior). Creating Finn is and will be the greatest thing I will ever do in this life.

The only Bjfe pedal I have left is the pink purple fuzz. I had the LGW, Blue overdrive thang, DRD, and honey bee at one time. I only regret letting the honey bee go...then again, I'm more than happy (overjoyed even) to pick one up from Bjorn and Donner's bearfoot line...when I have the spare funds (i.e. sell some of my other crap).

I seek out local jams (mostly acoustic stuff these days), noodle in my living room, and I'm trying to become Jerry Douglas's better looking twin.

I'm fairly tolerant except for those who correct spelling and pronunciation. Coming from new england, living in Chicago, Ohio, California, NH, and Boston...and spending too much time in Austin, TX and Arizona. I've concluded North Americans should NOT advise a single soul on pronunciation.

I'm also known to make fun of other teachers and thoroughly enjoy torturing adolescents with mathematics.

Cheers,

Kev :pedallove
Finn

Postby amp boy » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:32 pm

I should introduce myself :joker ,

I'm 30 yrs old and lost in life.

all that i am......

all that i wish to be.........

....some of you may not know my name from TGP.
I go by a different though complimenting name on the LPF as well.

......and now i'm here.

Blame Donner.
:king
amp boy

Postby Hulakatt » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:16 pm

Andy
married/no kids :(
been playing guitar and bass for 12 years and drums for 17

I work in IT (systems and networking) and pro audio in Pittsburgh and I am an endless tinkerer. I have built/assembled a few guitars, more than a few pedals and a few amps. I also have an old Toyota I'm rebuilding too.

I studied Broadcast Communication in one school and transfered to study Photography at another and never really graduated. I get to play at my church with the worship band sometimes, run sound more often and get to play clubs sometimes with the Red Rovers.
"I don't make things in order to have finished objects, I have finished objects as a by-product of my need to always be making."
-Adam Savage

BJFe: SBEQ, DRD, MG, EGDM
Bearfoot: BPB
Hulakatt

Guitars:: Edwards LP, pine Tele parts-o-caster, Strat parts-o-caster
amps: Marsh 5e3, Triode jtm50 "Black Flag" 50 watt, Silvertone 1484, "Drip Edge" Fender Bandmaster
pedals: 42

Postby duaner58 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:30 am

Ryan

Media sales.... On the side I'm an aspiring dancer and very "pro" space exploration
duaner58

Guitars:: MJT Tele w/ MFF Tombucker and Country Coil
Gibson CS R7 Sheptone "skydogged" tribute and Betts pups
amps: Tungsten Buckwheat
pedals: 5

Postby thetoneseeker » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:25 am

I'm Aaron, from the other end of the world, Singapore.

Been playing guitar since 14, currently 22. Serving in the army until June 2012 , then I'll be off to Plymouth, UK for my university education. I've been playing guitar in church for about 3 years now.

Bought my first BJFE pedal from a friend of mine about 5 years ago, it was a DRD and it has stayed on my board ever since.
Strangely back then I never really did any research about BJFE, my friend told me the production stopped and I believed him, oh how wrong I was. It was only last year when I bought a BBOD from another friend and my interest sparked. Found this forum and bought several other pedals. It's amazing how you just wish you could replace every single pedal on your board with a BJFE. Can't wait to start trying out the new BF pedals!

Still new and willing to learn.

Cheers!
thetoneseeker

Guitars:: Nash S-57, Washburn N6
amps: THD Bi-Valve 30 with 2 x 12 THD Cab, 1972 HiWatt DR103 with Vox Cab & Fanes
pedals: 14

Postby stratguy23 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:45 pm

Hi, I am new here. I do not have any BJFe pedals, but I plan to add some this year.

I live in Salt Lake City, UT I am not married and do not have children. I am a graduate student studying molecular biology. Been playing guitar about 10 years. I am mainly a fuzz guy (I have a lot of D*A*Ms and vintage pedals), but I really wanna add a bunch of BJFe pedals to my collection. Cheers all!
BJFe: Red Rooster Booster, Honey Bee, Purple Humper
Bearfoot: Honey Beest Burst, Dyna Red Hot Distortion
stratguy23

Guitars:: PRS Tremonti
Several Frankenstrats
amps: Maestro GA-16T
Divided By 13 JRT 9/15

Postby ak47 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:43 pm

ak47 here :mrgreen:

Born and bred in australia 1970 but have been living in Sweden a long time now .. work as a guitar teacher/riffer for hire. I play les pauls and use vintage Hiwatts for the most part. Oh, and I guess I have quite a few pedals. :pedallove

I have been lurking here for quite some time after a love affair of the 'tiny orange' kind and right now I would really like to get my hands on a Cliff Hanger II... probably the only pedal I have ever heard that really captures the um... 'electricity' I want to hear in my guitar tone :music

I love all sorts of music.. I also dig physics and philosophy (I suppose I am a philosysicist), I'm totally into spicy food and I like to drink good coffee, malt whisky and 7up (er... I don't mean that I mix them together though...blah..)
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." - Hunter S. Thompson
ak47

PreviousNext

Return to Community Forum