Roll Call

BJFE community interaction on other topics,Tourboxes etc.

Re: Roll Call

Postby jonnyrocket » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:47 am

Hi. I’m Jonathan, 28. I was born in Caracas, Venezuela and moved to New York City in 2001 for my undergrad, and have been here since then. I love this city, but the cold can be too much for this tropical creature. :lol:

I am in a relationship and looking forward to many more years with my girlfriend.

I recently obtained a masters in Middle School education and have been looking for a full time teaching job.

Guitar has been in my life since i was 15. I got into it playing acoustic. When i went to college and ‘discovered’ hendrix, i got my first electric and haven’t looked back ever since. I recently learned about BJFE pedals and have been hooked. So far i have the HBOD, EGDM and SBEQ. Love them all! My next purchase will probably be a DRD and I would also like to try a BJFE fuzz. I only play at home and am always in the looks for smaller tube amps.

Other interests that i have are reading, playing tennis, watching (soccer, sci-fi shows/movies), traveling and trying new beers.

Jon
RMC3FL>Gemini III>Sunface> Gramps+>Atomic Boost>PC-2A>MGV>Timmy>T1m Buffer>EGDM4K>LGW>Fetto C-Luxe>DRD/DRD Hot/HBeest>HBOD>Black '65>SBEQ>DBD>Launch Pad>ST-200>Solemate
jonnyrocket

Guitars:: LsL Saticoy Milan (9.5” Soft V maple neck, ash body, Alinco V pickups), PRS SC 250 (SD Pearly Gates), Taylor 314ce.
amps: Swart AST MKII (Swart Cab with one 12” Scumback H75 Speaker)
pedals: 20

Postby hawaii121 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:23 pm

I guess I'm long overdue on my post here...

I'm 39, Newly married, no kids, yet... Moved to Hawaii to chase wind, surf, and warm weather. Been playing guitar off and on since I was very young (took first guitar lesson at 6), but don't always tell people that because I should be way better than I am :lol: . I love tone hunting, gear lusting, and tinkering with sound. After 10 years of playing very little, I brused the marrow of my femur (it was bad) windsurfing in the waves and started playing again while on crutches. Now, I am determined to be an incredible guitar player by the time I'm 60! I know I can do it!!!!

Music has always been a huge part of my life, even when I wasn't playing. BJFE pedals seemed the next logical step after trying to acquire and taste every NOS tube that was ever made (am I the only one?)...

Oh, I work with middle school kids who have behavior problems and attend University of Hawaii in the evenings working on a PhD.
Hawaii121
Constant state of flux...
hawaii121

Guitars:: Unicorn LP style guitar and Martin Acoustic
amps: Bludotone Bluesmaster 100 watts
pedals: 4

Postby cajone5 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:55 pm

So I guess this is long overdue but... :sign_wazzup

My name is Cliff, I'm 25 and I'm currently a resident of Washington DC. I work as a "Blast" Engineer designing buildings (typically government buildings) for terrorist threats. I'm moving down to Austin, TX in about 2 months to start a new job doing similar blast design along with research and code development and hopefully I'll be starting my PhD in Structural Engineering part time at University of Texas in Austin in the Fall of 2011.

I am an acoustic guitarist at heart but over the past year I went nuts delving into the world of electric guitar and specifically pedals. I am really loving the BJFe line and have been through most every current production pedal as well as some unique ones and have found them all to be really inspiring and very well designed although most have not been ideal for me. However, the one's I still have are keepers for sure and are head and shoulders above anything else I've tried.

I guess that's it for now :scratch
Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

BJFe: DIY CB, DIY FF 3.5%
cajone5

Guitars:: 2006 Taylor 214e
2014 Fender Strat 60th Anniversary
Mainland Tenor Uke
amps: 5e3 Deluxe
'68 Custom Deluxe Reverb
pedals: 99

Postby High Noon » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:56 pm

Very impressive Cliff :thumbup:
High Noon

Guitars:: Fender WW 10 Relic '59 Daphne Blue Stratocaster, Ice Tea Collings CL DLX
amps: Cornell Plexi
pedals: 6

Postby Johnson » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:03 pm

Hook em' Horns! :glasses

cajone5 wrote:So I guess this is long overdue but... :sign_wazzup

My name is Cliff, I'm 25 and I'm currently a resident of Washington DC. I work as a "Blast" Engineer designing buildings (typically government buildings) for terrorist threats. I'm moving down to Austin, TX in about 2 months to start a new job doing similar blast design along with research and code development and hopefully I'll be starting my PhD in Structural Engineering part time at University of Texas in Austin in the Fall of 2011.

I am an acoustic guitarist at heart but over the past year I went nuts delving into the world of electric guitar and specifically pedals. I am really loving the BJFe line and have been through most every current production pedal as well as some unique ones and have found them all to be really inspiring and very well designed although most have not been ideal for me. However, the one's I still have are keepers for sure and are head and shoulders above anything else I've tried.

I guess that's it for now :scratch
Johnson

Guitars:: Les Pauls
amps: MP CS-40
pedals: 5

Postby alanbarley » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:31 pm

Hi, Alan Barley here. I'm a 53 year husband and dad of three (ages 29, 7,5). I'm a founding principal/owner of a 23 year old Austin Texas architectural firm that designs sustainable homes all over the United States and recently Hong Kong and London England. I started playing guitar in 1970 and have been pursuing it ever since. It has been my first love. I've played for a church locally for 24 years and play there four times a week, have toured occasionally, and do the odd studio gig from time to time. I play electric, acoustic, lap steel, Weissenborn, dobro, mandolin, and bouzouki. I'm a long time rock player and I'm currently studying solo jazz guitar with a local teacher. I collect and play guitars, amps, and pedals from small makers. I've had a Honey Bee and a couple of Mad Professors for a couple of years and have recently rediscovered the line. I'm loving the sound of them so my wallet has been emptied lately. Life stays very busy and that's the way I like it. I'm an information sponge for all things architecture and guitar and this forum helps to satiate that appetite. I appreciate the info and comments from all of you.

Thanks!

Alan
www.alanbarley.com
CPRHD, HBOD, SYB, BPB, DBD, BBOD, BBOD, PH, DRD, LGW, RRB, CH11, MH V1/V2/Ht, MG, MG, MR, SYOD V1/V2, AMWM, EGDM, SBEQ, MGMV. MP LGW, MRD. BF HB, DRD, DRDRH, MGMV, Beest1&2
alanbarley

Guitars:: Tueffel Birdfish, PRS 5310s
62 Fender Jazzmaster
Briggs: Artisan Apollo
Forshage Ergo: solidbody, semihollow
Teye Guitars: A Series La India 007, 018
Asher Ultratone, Electro-sonic
Ribbecke Halflings: Jazz, Pinbridge, Thinline
Benedetto Fratello
Beauregard MB
Rickenbacher Laps: "35 Frypan, '42 B6, '46 B6
Asher Laps: Ben Harper I & II, Dualtone
National Lap: 1953 Dynamic
amps: Badcat Classic Cat
Divided by 13 9/15 & CJ 11,
65 Amps London,
Holland Gibb Droll
pedals: 50

Postby melodichaotic » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:27 pm

alanbarley wrote:Hi, Alan Barley here. I'm a 53 year husband and dad of three (ages 29, 7,5). I'm a founding principal/owner of a 23 year old Austin Texas architectural firm that designs sustainable homes all over the United States and recently Hong Kong and London England. I started playing guitar in 1970 and have been pursuing it ever since. It has been my first love. I've played for a church locally for 24 years and play there four times a week, have toured occasionally, and do the odd studio gig from time to time. I play electric, acoustic, lap steel, Weissenborn, dobro, mandolin, and bouzouki. I'm a long time rock player and I'm currently studying solo jazz guitar with a local teacher. I collect and play guitars, amps, and pedals from small makers. I've had a Honey Bee and a couple of Mad Professors for a couple of years and have recently rediscovered the line. I'm loving the sound of them so my wallet has been emptied lately. Life stays very busy and that's the way I like it. I'm an information sponge for all things architecture and guitar and this forum helps to satiate that appetite. I appreciate the info and comments from all of you.

Thanks!

Alan
http://www.alanbarley.com

Welcome aboard Alan...is that your Frying pan Ric? I have a couple Ric laps that I absolutely love, and those horseshoe p/u's are by far the BEST sounding pick-ups on the planet. Hey, any questions on the BJF stuff, just ask away..lotta good people here.
melodichaotic

Postby alanbarley » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:25 am

Hi Melodichaotic, the Rick Frypan in my profile pic is mine and its a '35 and lives up to the reputation these lapsteels have. Took me years to get one, bu when I did I realized what the fuss was about. The thing sings. I also have a '42 and '46 Bakelights too. They are great with strong pickups but I prefer the Frypan over the three. I have a lot of pics of these instruments and others on my website listed below if you are interested.

Thanks,

Alan
CPRHD, HBOD, SYB, BPB, DBD, BBOD, BBOD, PH, DRD, LGW, RRB, CH11, MH V1/V2/Ht, MG, MG, MR, SYOD V1/V2, AMWM, EGDM, SBEQ, MGMV. MP LGW, MRD. BF HB, DRD, DRDRH, MGMV, Beest1&2
alanbarley

Guitars:: Tueffel Birdfish, PRS 5310s
62 Fender Jazzmaster
Briggs: Artisan Apollo
Forshage Ergo: solidbody, semihollow
Teye Guitars: A Series La India 007, 018
Asher Ultratone, Electro-sonic
Ribbecke Halflings: Jazz, Pinbridge, Thinline
Benedetto Fratello
Beauregard MB
Rickenbacher Laps: "35 Frypan, '42 B6, '46 B6
Asher Laps: Ben Harper I & II, Dualtone
National Lap: 1953 Dynamic
amps: Badcat Classic Cat
Divided by 13 9/15 & CJ 11,
65 Amps London,
Holland Gibb Droll
pedals: 50

Postby horsehead75 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:51 pm

Hi Alan,

and wellcome to the forum!
I have to say, that you have EXTREMELY impressive collection of guitars, amps & pedals on your website! :thumbup:

alanbarley wrote:Hi Melodichaotic, the Rick Frypan in my profile pic is mine and its a '35 and lives up to the reputation these lapsteels have. Took me years to get one, bu when I did I realized what the fuss was about. The thing sings. I also have a '42 and '46 Bakelights too. They are great with strong pickups but I prefer the Frypan over the three. I have a lot of pics of these instruments and others on my website listed below if you are interested.

Thanks,

Alan
"if you ain?t got the blues, you ain?t got a thing"
horsehead75

Guitars:: Fender Telecasters: blonde mapleneck 1972, 1973, 1982 '52 RI
amps: Mad Professor CS-40 (#71) w/ matching 2x12" (Red Fangs) cab
Mad Professor OS21 (proto #8) head - w/ matching 2x10" (Red Fangs) cab
Mad Professor OS11 (proto #4) w/ 10" Red Fang.
pedals: 11

Postby melodichaotic » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:22 pm

horsehead75 wrote:Hi Alan,

and wellcome to the forum!
I have to say, that you have EXTREMELY impressive collection of guitars, amps & pedals on your website! :thumbup:

alanbarley wrote:Hi Melodichaotic, the Rick Frypan in my profile pic is mine and its a '35 and lives up to the reputation these lapsteels have. Took me years to get one, bu when I did I realized what the fuss was about. The thing sings. I also have a '42 and '46 Bakelights too. They are great with strong pickups but I prefer the Frypan over the three. I have a lot of pics of these instruments and others on my website listed below if you are interested.

Thanks,

Alan

Good lord, if that's not the understatement! Very nice Alan :clap: ...would love to hear clips of the Ashers and the Frying Pan if you have any...again, good to have you aboard...I look forward to your perspective here...the more PLAYERS the better :music
melodichaotic

PreviousNext

Return to Community Forum