It's a Deluxe kinda day - AMWM and Model V

Open discussion about all things BJFE

Moderator: Moderators

Re: It's a Deluxe kinda day - AMWM and Model V

Postby Your name here » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:00 pm

seans wrote:Any update on the V? How is it? Intrigued by this one. Is it like a P1 or more like a G2? Hope you are having fun with those amazing looking deluxes.

Well I haven't had time to sit down and finish the video, but I will say that the Model V sounds very close to the original EHX Triangle Muff I used to have. After all, that was the inspiration for the Model V... though I find the inclusion of a Mid control VERY useful and it's been nice to switch between two preset volumes. From what I understand, the Cornish muffs are based on Gilmour's Ram's head. Though the Ram's and Triangles could sound the same in the day, due to use of the same parts.

I'll get the video up soon, but I'd advise anyone who loves great Muff tones not to sleep on this one. It's world class. Easily one of the most jaw dropping pedals I've ever played. I can't wait for you all to hear this AMWM Dlx., as well. It's so good. Bjorn's hit it out of the park with these. :love10
My rainbow of BJFe:

BJFe.org CB --> RRB --> PGC --> CAF 4K -->AWF! --> "Bjorn again" Phase 90 -->BBOD --> EGDM --> MG --> SBEQ --> BPB --> BJFe Echoverb
Your name here

Guitars:: Main Guitars: Nocaster, 1962 Strat, ES335, PRS McCarty, Jaguar, Danelectros...
amps: Morgan AC20 Deluxe 1x12, brown Princeton, Silvertone 1482, Ampeg Gemini II, '63 Vox AC30, Harmony h430, Dr. Z Mini Z combo, Alamo Montclair... Etc...
pedals: 50

Postby barnard0203 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:30 am

Those look great! How do I get an awesome dual pedal like that with boost and EQ? Do you have to special order? Think a "Silver Lawn" with boost and EQ is possible!? Looks like a great all in one stomp box.

Bryant
barnard0203

pedals: 0

Postby BJF » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:39 pm

barnard0203 wrote:Those look great! How do I get an awesome dual pedal like that with boost and EQ? Do you have to special order? Think a "Silver Lawn" with boost and EQ is possible!? Looks like a great all in one stomp box.

Bryant

Good day Bryant,

You can always ask me;)

At your service
BJ
BJF

Guitars:: Les Pauls, V with P-90's and humbuckers, strats,tele duo-jet and expanding; pick ups mostly Lundgren or BJF/ Lundgren
Danelectro Barython
amps: MP CS-40, MP101, Hiwatt Custom 200, Hiwatt Custom 100, VOX AC15
Fender Blues De Ville, Fender Super Reverb, Marshall 5150 through various speakers
pedals: 42

Postby BJF » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:33 pm

Hi there,

Yes lately I have decided to make a number of DLX versions since there has been some demand and I am also thinking I'l like to explore some ideas and bring out controls that I otherwise preset and further advance features.

I thought of it before as Super Group models - like some amps said on their back plates back in the -70's and I figure that now that so many of my standard models are available I might try some uprgades and new things and also add features I have wanted and that others have asked for.

It's a constant learning watching people discover sounds and then-hey you know if that thing had a little midboost selectable that could easily make that sound easier to play on the plain strings above 7th fret and so forth.

Have fun
BJ
BJF

Guitars:: Les Pauls, V with P-90's and humbuckers, strats,tele duo-jet and expanding; pick ups mostly Lundgren or BJF/ Lundgren
Danelectro Barython
amps: MP CS-40, MP101, Hiwatt Custom 200, Hiwatt Custom 100, VOX AC15
Fender Blues De Ville, Fender Super Reverb, Marshall 5150 through various speakers
pedals: 42

Previous

Return to BJFE Discussion