Model G 'the white'

Open discussion about all things BJFE

Moderator: Moderators

Model G 'the white'

Postby Huss » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:03 pm

So, I'm back again with a serial number question.

Does anyone know if it's possible to find out what "number" this white model G has got?
Inside it only says 'Model G the white'.
Would be fun to know when this was built.

Cool pedal, and as far as I know the only white one.

Cheers!
Attachments
image.jpeg
Huss

pedals: 0

Re: Model G 'the white'

Postby zhivago » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:38 am

Wow, it even has white knobs!!!! Very, very cool!! :glasses
BJFE: MH4K, HBOD, PGOD
zhivago

Guitars:: 1956 Gibson Les Paul Custom
1961 Fender Jazzmaster
1952 Gibson J50
amps: 1956 Fender Princeton
2013 Matchless Lightning
Ceriatone Tweed Deluxe
1979 Marshall 4x12
ZVex Nano Amp
pedals: 10

Postby ak47 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:02 am

Very cool pedal and excellent score! I think that is an early custom shop version. There is a thread about it here:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4730
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." - Hunter S. Thompson
ak47

Postby BJF » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:24 pm

Hi there,

Off the top of my head it was built summer of 2011 and it got serial number The White since it is the only one ver made completely white. It was originally built for the artist who did the Model G's in gold and various colours with gold.
This was also the artist who made the very first Model G boxes before the model was born: the story is this that TG 11 had gotten a shipment of Landgraff pedals and a Landgraff booster with a golden chicken head knob was displayed along a BJF Red Rooster Booster and I told this artist I had been outknobbed and that my pedals were looking very plain today. The artist said he'd make me a box that would outgold and later presented me with a box in gold, that was 24 karat gold applied the same way as on old picture frames and he also presented me with a set of golden knobs -for lack of better word golded the same way.This all went down in February 2010.
It was all just for fun all made in good fun.
A little more than a year later I made a completely white Model G for this artist. A G' to be very plain and white to allude to both Buck Dharma and the Beatles album but mostly realy to be very plain.

I know the artist later sold The White along with a Mini Vibe dlx I had made for him.

Exact date when it was made I may have in my files somewhere but this is off the top of my head.

At your service
BJ
BJF

Guitars:: Les Pauls, V with P-90's and humbuckers, strats,tele duo-jet and expanding; pick ups mostly Lundgren or BJF/ Lundgren
Danelectro Barython
amps: MP CS-40, MP101, Hiwatt Custom 200, Hiwatt Custom 100, VOX AC15
Fender Blues De Ville, Fender Super Reverb, Marshall 5150 through various speakers
pedals: 42

Postby Huss » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:30 pm

Thank you so much for the info and story behind it.

It's stuff like this that really makes one bond even more with these pedals.

Thanks again!

Cheers,

Peter
Huss

Return to BJFE Discussion