Blue Candy?

Open discussion about all things BJFE

Moderator: Moderators

Blue Candy?

Postby thesjkexperience » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:58 pm

I'm looking for a bjfe CAF so was excited to see two blue versions for sale. I then noticed that it has different transistors vs the usual CAF. It says "The 3-Knob Candy Blue Fuzz…a custom-voiced BJFe Candy Apple Fuzz with 1711 transistors for juicier octave and more focused fuzz range!"

Did I miss the post where this was explained by Bjorn? I want to know more before buying.

Thanks!
Gunbarrel Guitars, Evidence Audio wires.
thesjkexperience

Guitars:: All Gunbarrel Custom Guitars: Teles, Jazzmasters, Strats, LP TV double cut, 1 54 LP flametop. Now all with Gunbarrel hand wound in Colorado pickups!
amps: Tungsten Buckwheat, Crema Wheat & Cortez. Morgan AC40 Deluxe w/2 Golds!
pedals: 15

Re: Blue Candy?

Postby Donner » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:14 pm

Im not sure there was a post ...... he has been on fuzz romp lately ... once he decided to unleash the vintage beast he has been trying many things in varying quantities ---- he explained it to me when he was just here and were playing them .... it has a different flavor and the octave is juicier because of it ... the whole thing has more mids for siting properly in a band mix... :music
Donner
Site Admin

Guitars:: Strats, Teles, LPSpecial, Silvertone, #1 is a Gretschified Flying V
amps: custom plexitweed KT66>2x12 Greenbacks, Deluxe and Princeton Reverbs
pedals: 0

Postby BJF » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:58 pm

Donner wrote:Im not sure there was a post ...... he has been on fuzz romp lately ... once he decided to unleash the vintage beast he has been trying many things in varying quantities ---- he explained it to me when he was just here and were playing them .... it has a different flavor and the octave is juicier because of it ... the whole thing has more mids for siting properly in a band mix... :music

Hi there,

Yes while making a number of different fuzzes I felt for making a few Candy ( since red is gone) blue Fuzzes and while doing that I thought of setting those up for the clearest octave effect- the design allows for setting up for that or for instance the sharpest gating...now while tuning that and playing through it I thought I might give the circuit a little more mid focus albeit only mildly so and so I lowered a bit of the Hi Fi treble so mids would appear stronger in relation
I felt I was very pleased with all the typical settings while maybe especially with the octave setting. Yes I used 1711 transistors for the heart of these as I tend to like the little cruder sound those give as compared to some others I have used.

Enjoy and have fun
BJ
BJF

Guitars:: Les Pauls, V with P-90's and humbuckers, strats,tele duo-jet and expanding; pick ups mostly Lundgren or BJF/ Lundgren
Danelectro Barython
amps: MP CS-40, MP101, Hiwatt Custom 200, Hiwatt Custom 100, VOX AC15
Fender Blues De Ville, Fender Super Reverb, Marshall 5150 through various speakers
pedals: 42

Postby thesjkexperience » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:46 pm

That sounds like it should be just right.
Gunbarrel Guitars, Evidence Audio wires.
thesjkexperience

Guitars:: All Gunbarrel Custom Guitars: Teles, Jazzmasters, Strats, LP TV double cut, 1 54 LP flametop. Now all with Gunbarrel hand wound in Colorado pickups!
amps: Tungsten Buckwheat, Crema Wheat & Cortez. Morgan AC40 Deluxe w/2 Golds!
pedals: 15

Postby scottcw » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:32 pm

Is the Candy Blue Fuzz the same as the CAF Special that BobbyD demos below?

Wells 5:00 Shadow > BJFe Purple Humper > 1985 Crowther Hot Cake > Dredgetone Bass Angler > Guyatone MR2 Micro Reverb > Stark X-Ray Combo
scottcw

Guitars:: Chapin T-Bird
amps: Stark X-Ray

Postby BobbyD » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:19 am

scottcw wrote:Is the Candy Blue Fuzz the same as the CAF Special that BobbyD demos below?

yes - i do believe this is the CAF special with the 1711 transistors. a magic swedish elf told me there are enough transistors for perhaps 30-40 pedals - so if you have been lusting for a CAF, now might be a really good time to snag a new one :joker :joker :joker
BobbyD

Return to BJFE Discussion