>>> Bone Bender Research Project <<<

Open discussion about all things BJFE

Moderator: Moderators

Re: >>> Bone Bender Research Project <<<

Postby BJF » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:26 am

Hi there,

A main idea of this research project was that it'd become a DIY aswell as commercially available and that is now real. Thanks to Albin Roslund those that would like to build one and that may not be keen on perfboard can now get a kit:
https://moodysounds.com/produkt/bone-bender-1-kit/

Enjoy and have fun :music :thumbup:
BJ
BJF

Guitars:: Les Pauls, V with P-90's and humbuckers, strats,tele duo-jet and expanding; pick ups mostly Lundgren or BJF/ Lundgren
Danelectro Barython
amps: MP CS-40, MP101, Hiwatt Custom 200, Hiwatt Custom 100, VOX AC15
Fender Blues De Ville, Fender Super Reverb, Marshall 5150 through various speakers
pedals: 42

Postby seans » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:52 pm

Woah! Got one. My first DIY. What an amazing pedal for a first eh? Hope I don't f**k it up! Exciting. Thanks for the opportunity Bjorn.
BJFE: HBOD, BBOD deluxe, Bone Bender kit, 109 Fuzz, PGC
seans

Guitars:: Gibson LP Goldtop w. Bearknuckle P90s , Danocaster Blackguard Telecaster
amps: 1963 AC30, LazyJ J20
pedals: 0

Postby ak47 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:11 pm

Ordered! I have been looking forward to this one! :mrgreen:

This is essential reading for everyone btw.. https://moodysounds.com/wp-content/uplo ... -text-.pdf
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." - Hunter S. Thompson
ak47

Postby ak47 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:15 pm

Here is a clip of a Bone Bender I and II on my board... such a great stack into the Sonic Blue Twanger and Hooker’s Green Bass Machine!! :mrgreen:

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." - Hunter S. Thompson
ak47

Postby ak47 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:32 pm

More fuzzy goodness.. WHO’s on first? :mrgreen:

ak47

Postby seans » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:41 am

I successfully completed my bone bender - though I still need to paint it. Planning something groovy so it looks nearly as good as it sounds. I can't stress strongly enough how much fun making this has been and how satisfying it was. I have only soldered pots and pickups before, this was my first pedal. I did look at a couple of YouTube vids on soldering, bought a magnifying glass with crocodile clips attached (essential but cheap) to hold the circuit board and that's it. The instructions and the way the parts are labelled and organised made it all much more simple than I expected. And it sounds incredible! Absolutely blinding! I'm not sure if I have biased it properly yet but i halve tuned it enough to get some fab sounds. Bjorn said that this is a big part of the idea behind this. It gives the musician the ability to tune to his or her taste whilst learning a little bit of the art of crafting these lovely pedals that we are all so mad about. In my opinion the fuzz sounds are as good as they could be and I can't imagine anything bumping it off my board. What more can I say? Thank you Bjorn!

I HIGHLY recommend getting one of these kits while you can. It took less than a day for me, a novice, to put together and it was so much fun. Apparently there are more kits in the works. Very much looking forward to those!

If anyone needs any tips or advice based on my experience building this then please don't hesitate to pm me.

Happy New Year everyone! Hope you all have a good'n

Cheers

Sean
BJFE: HBOD, BBOD deluxe, Bone Bender kit, 109 Fuzz, PGC
seans

Guitars:: Gibson LP Goldtop w. Bearknuckle P90s , Danocaster Blackguard Telecaster
amps: 1963 AC30, LazyJ J20

Previous

Return to BJFE Discussion