Bjfe honey bee, where in the uk

Open discussion about all things BJFE

Moderator: Moderators

Bjfe honey bee, where in the uk

Postby Baggy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:59 am

Hi,

How do you get hold of Bjfe pedals in the UK? I've been looking for a honey bee for a while, tgt11 have a 4 knob but I'm after a standard 3k or would I be best getting a bearfoot which are easier to get hold of?

Cheers bill
Baggy

Guitars:: Fender 72 Telecaster Thinline reissue 2002, Gibson Flying v 2016 T, Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic lite 2016.
amps: Vox AC4C1
pedals: 2

Re: Bjfe honey bee, where in the uk

Postby zhivago » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:53 pm

I got my BJFE HBOD on eBay, used from a cool guy in Germany.

I would keep an eye on eBay...in the past few months there were a couple on sale in France at pretty reasonable prices.

There have also been a couple on sale here on the forum like this one here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5449

They only cropped up a couple of days ago, so they are likely still available.

When it comes to BJF pedals, the chase is part of the game...it's good fun...like a tone safari or something! :pedallove

You could also go for the Bearfoot version, they are excellent pedals, I have had a few and Donner's service is second to none. Fast shipping and tracking numbers sent right away (I'm in the UK too and have bought direct from Donner/Bearfoot twice).

For what it's worth, if I didn't have my HBOD, I'd get the 4 knob one from thesegoto11...it looks awesome and I bet it sounds great.

I have a 4 knob Model H and the extra flexibility is great. Of course the 3-knob HBOD is a total classic. I know people say this all the time, but I will never, ever sell that pedal. It is that good, and worth the wait :glasses
BJFE: MH4K, HBOD, PGOD
zhivago

Guitars:: 1956 Gibson Les Paul Custom
1961 Fender Jazzmaster
1952 Gibson J50
amps: 1956 Fender Princeton
2013 Matchless Lightning
Ceriatone Tweed Deluxe
1979 Marshall 4x12
ZVex Nano Amp
pedals: 10

Postby BJF » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:15 am

Hi there,

At the moment there is no official dealer in EC, while sometimes some units can be had from TG11 or custom-sounds Finland.

As a side question:

If there were to be a dealer in the UK, who would that be in your opinion?

Thanks and have fun
BJ
BJF

Guitars:: Les Pauls, V with P-90's and humbuckers, strats,tele duo-jet and expanding; pick ups mostly Lundgren or BJF/ Lundgren
Danelectro Barython
amps: MP CS-40, MP101, Hiwatt Custom 200, Hiwatt Custom 100, VOX AC15
Fender Blues De Ville, Fender Super Reverb, Marshall 5150 through various speakers
pedals: 42

Postby zhivago » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:51 am

BJF wrote:As a side question:

If there were to be a dealer in the UK, who would that be in your opinion?

Hi Bjorn,

as far as actual guitar shops go, I would say No Tom in Central London could be a good bet.

I generally hate guitar stores in Central London and mostly avoid them, but No Tom was quite friendly on the two occasions that I visited and they were very open with me playing their vintage gear. The store has mostly vintage and boutique stuff, and its central location is a hotspot for tourists travelling through London. It could be a great place to actually try your effects in the UK. https://notomguitars.com

My other suggestion would be the famous Charlie Chandler shop...he has a mixture of boutique, vintage and new stuff in his shop. He handles all my guitar repairs and does repairs for many others. So even though his shop is in the outskirts of London, it gets a lot of traffic, especially from more older, shall I say, "high-end" clients likely to be able to afford handmade BJFE stuff. http://www.guitarexperience.co.uk

I am not sure about online dealers, maybe someone else could chime in there.
zhivago

1961 Fender Jazzmaster
1952 Gibson J50
2013 Matchless Lightning
Ceriatone Tweed Deluxe
1979 Marshall 4x12
ZVex Nano Amp

Postby Baggy » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:21 am

I wouldn't know who would be suitable to be a supplier of your pedals, I don think the bigger company's would be suitable such as GAK, Andertons, Guitarguitar or PMT. but maybe something like Joes pedals, he already carries the bearfoot line so might be a natural progression. to be able to order from somewhere would be just as fine, either full payment or deposit.

on a secondary note i decided to get the bearfoot HBOD, a Mint green mini vibe came up at the same time by bearfoot on a used page, so getting the MGMV left me with not enough money for a BJFE version. But no doubt I'll be back for more, as i still want a EGDM or one of those lovely Deep blue Delays i seen earlier :) surfing this forum is damaging to my wallet lol
Baggy

Guitars:: Fender 72 Telecaster Thinline reissue 2002, Gibson Flying v 2016 T, Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic lite 2016.

Postby BJF » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:33 pm

Hi there,

Thank you both and I got something to think about and yes I don't make much of a volume of pedals but would more be interested in having an agent in the UK and I guess either notom or Charlie Chandler would fit
Point being somewhere UK csutomers can go and preferably walk in.

Yes I do designs for companies that would be more suited for larger stores like Andertons and that may or may not already be represented

So zhivago could you possibly listen with the two above and get a better glimpse on wether either would be interested to be a UK BJF agent?

thanks again and have great fun
BJ
BJF

Guitars:: Les Pauls, V with P-90's and humbuckers, strats,tele duo-jet and expanding; pick ups mostly Lundgren or BJF/ Lundgren
Danelectro Barython
Fender Blues De Ville, Fender Super Reverb, Marshall 5150 through various speakers

Postby zhivago » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:04 pm

Hi Bjorn,

I actually have one of my guitars at Charlie Chandler's place at the moment for minor repair.

I am not sure when it will be ready for me to pick up (they will call me), but when I go down there I will ask Charlie. He is almost always there when I head down on the weekend.

It really would be great to have a shop in the UK to try your pedals, they really need to be heard in person. You hear things in a room that just cannot translate via a YouTube video :glasses
zhivago

1961 Fender Jazzmaster
1952 Gibson J50
2013 Matchless Lightning
Ceriatone Tweed Deluxe
1979 Marshall 4x12
ZVex Nano Amp

Postby BJF » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:52 am

zhivago wrote:Hi Bjorn,

I actually have one of my guitars at Charlie Chandler's place at the moment for minor repair.

I am not sure when it will be ready for me to pick up (they will call me), but when I go down there I will ask Charlie. He is almost always there when I head down on the weekend.

It really would be great to have a shop in the UK to try your pedals, they really need to be heard in person. You hear things in a room that just cannot translate via a YouTube video :glasses

Hi there,

Thank you and yes very true which is one reason I'd like an agent at whose shop things can be heard realtime :music

Thanks and have fun
BJ
BJF

Danelectro Barython

Postby Baggy » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:25 pm

Well I've managed to purchase AN EGDM from reverb :) I'm so looking forward to getting it, The bearfoot honey bee didn't really work for me with my rig at the moment. But my amp set up will most likely be changing in the future to a Vox ac15 head and cab so I'll try again then :)
Baggy

Postby BJF » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:00 pm

Baggy wrote:Well I've managed to purchase AN EGDM from reverb :) I'm so looking forward to getting it, The bearfoot honey bee didn't really work for me with my rig at the moment. But my amp set up will most likely be changing in the future to a Vox ac15 head and cab so I'll try again then :)

Hi Bill,

Yes while I have used HB on many amps there are some it just doesn't melt together with.
Cool I'd be interested to hear how you like the EGDM

Have fun
BJ
BJF

Danelectro Barython

Next

Return to BJFE Discussion