One Control - BJF Design demos

Open discussion about all things BJFE

Moderator: Moderators

Re: One Control - BJF Design demos

Postby ak47 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:30 pm

zhivago wrote:Very cool demo Magnus!

I loved the DM2 combined with the DBM.

I was also surprised by the Strymon...really nice sound too. 8)

Thanks! :mrgreen: yes, that DM-2 and I have been inseperable for um.. let me see.. decades! Haha! :music actually, the DBM is such a great compliment to everything I throw at it no matter how subtle or severe you like your modulaton.. an excellent compliment to any delay I have tried it with. :mrgreen: The Strymon is really good although not something I'd call a delay as such because of the limited repeats but a really nice stereo sound even if it has a 'sheen' to it somehow. /Angus :mrgreen:
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." - Hunter S. Thompson
ak47

pedals: 0

Postby zhivago » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:47 am

ak47 wrote:
zhivago wrote:Very cool demo Magnus!

I loved the DM2 combined with the DBM.

I was also surprised by the Strymon...really nice sound too. 8)

Thanks! :mrgreen: yes, that DM-2 and I have been inseperable for um.. let me see.. decades! Haha! :music actually, the DBM is such a great compliment to everything I throw at it no matter how subtle or severe you like your modulaton.. an excellent compliment to any delay I have tried it with. :mrgreen: The Strymon is really good although not something I'd call a delay as such because of the limited repeats but a really nice stereo sound even if it has a 'sheen' to it somehow. /Angus :mrgreen:

Heheh! Apologies Angus, I was thinking of an old Swedish friend of mine while posting I think! :)
BJFE: MH4K, HBOD, PGOD
zhivago

Guitars:: 1956 Gibson Les Paul Custom
1961 Fender Jazzmaster
1952 Gibson J50
amps: 1956 Fender Princeton
2013 Matchless Lightning
Ceriatone Tweed Deluxe
1979 Marshall 4x12
ZVex Nano Amp
pedals: 10

Postby ak47 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:20 am

Haha.. all good! So do I need an Echoczar? :pedallove
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." - Hunter S. Thompson
ak47

Postby zhivago » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:46 am

ak47 wrote:Haha.. all good! So do I need an Echoczar? :pedallove

Hehehe!!

Hmmm....well, probably yes :)

The one thing about the Echoczar is, you need to have the Angelbaby add-on with all the wonderful chorusing it offers...that's where the real magic happens for me. Of course the feedback mode where you can control the trails is also great, plus adding an expression pedal to it takes it to another level!

It sure is expensive on the used market and the waiting list is over 4 years, but I think hunting one down is worth it. I've had mine for three years now and I've had offers from people to buy it, but I just can't bring myself to selling it.

I have tried to substitute the Czar with something more compact and I always come back to it.

It is a polarising pedal, and many times on other messageboards the conversations get heated about the price and wait, so if you do end up getting one, stay away from TGP etc! hahah!! 8)
zhivago

1961 Fender Jazzmaster
1952 Gibson J50
2013 Matchless Lightning
Ceriatone Tweed Deluxe
1979 Marshall 4x12
ZVex Nano Amp

Postby ak47 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:21 am

Yes, very good points, thanks! :mrgreen: I generally prefer to try things out for myself so I think I will have to get one sometime..

I guess the reason I'm interested is because what I wanted to simulate by using the Dimension Blue Monger paired with various delays is a bit similar to what the Angelbaby can do with the Echoczar. The DBM is a fantastic compliment to delays for someone like me who enjoys feeling the repeats 'breathe' :mrgreen:
ak47

Postby zhivago » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:29 am

ak47 wrote:Yes, very good points, thanks! :mrgreen: I generally prefer to try things out for myself so I think I will have to get one sometime..

I guess the reason I'm interested is because what I wanted to simulate by using the Dimension Blue Monger paired with various delays is a bit similar to what the Angelbaby can do with the Echoczar. The DBM is a fantastic compliment to delays for someone like me who enjoys feeling the repeats 'breathe' :mrgreen:

I think you would definitely love the Echoczar...the cool thing the Angelbaby does is that the repeats have this nice chorusing to them...the three different voicings can be subtle at first but when you start twisting the knobs around you can get some really crazy sounds too :)
zhivago

1961 Fender Jazzmaster
1952 Gibson J50
2013 Matchless Lightning
Ceriatone Tweed Deluxe
1979 Marshall 4x12
ZVex Nano Amp

Postby ak47 » Sat May 27, 2017 6:47 am

Check out what the Hooker's Green Bass Machine does to this inexpensive Blackstar pedal.. :mrgreen:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic II – Blackstar LT Dual - One Control Hooker’s Green Bass Machine - Harley Benton D-Seed Delay - Laney Cub 10 - Zoom Q2HD

ak47

Postby I-chase-after-sounds » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:29 am

Thanks for the videos :mrgreen:
I-chase-after-sounds

Postby ak47 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:48 pm

I-chase-after-sounds wrote:Thanks for the videos :mrgreen:

My pleasure! :mrgreen:
ak47

Postby ak47 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:52 am

Smart pedalboard solution from One Control... :mrgreen: :pedallove :music

Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic II - One Control Salamandra Tail Loop - [Loop 1: One Control Baltic Blue Fuzz] [Loop 2: Catalinbread Echorec @ 15 volts] [Loop 3: Binson Echorec 2° T7E] - Tuner/Mute Output: TC Electronic Polytune - Mesa Boogie MKIII - Zoom Q2HD

ak47

PreviousNext

Return to BJFE Discussion