BJF Total control

Q and A with BJ - Construction Philosophy - Interviews

Moderator: Moderators

Re: BJF Total control

Postby BJF » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:41 am

Hi there,

No not really similar, I try to make different things each time-so many sounds to be caught.

To give you an idea the Silver Bee I much enjoy playing through my Super Reverb getting semi distorted sounds that I would have imagine coming from the amp but in reality is very hard to get from the stock Super Reverb. I enjoy the Silver Bee also through other amps mostly for semi distorted sounds.

The Sonic Blue Twanger though I can get my Marshall 5150 to sound like my Super Reverb and I mean sounds from the Super Reverb on ’2’ to volume on ’10’ only with the Sonic Blue Twanger I can set those sounds at any volume. Indeed I could record all the rythm guitar tracks on a solo album with either the Sonic Blue Twanger or the Silver Bee but for slightly different sound flavours and also different feel which in turn suggests different things to be played.

This is to say I wouldn’t put the Sonic Blue Twanger on a board in order to replace Silver Bee albeit in a smaller package as they won’t compare like that and I’d rather pick on or the other because what they suggest to be played in terms of feel and sound. :music

At your service
BJ
BJF

Guitars:: Les Pauls, V with P-90's and humbuckers, strats,tele duo-jet and expanding; pick ups mostly Lundgren or BJF/ Lundgren
Danelectro Barython
amps: MP CS-40, MP101, Hiwatt Custom 200, Hiwatt Custom 100, VOX AC15
Fender Blues De Ville, Fender Super Reverb, Marshall 5150 through various speakers
pedals: 42

Postby atomicbot » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:01 am

Ahh, ok. Now I have an excuse to own both. :D
atomicbot

Guitars:: Pretty much everything, but primarily Les Pauls, Teles, and 335-style guitars.
pedals: 0

Postby Hassse » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:33 am

Hi!
Here is a demo that I did of the sonic blue twanger.
A really cool pedal!!!

https://youtu.be/7qDsjDXE-Us
Hassse

Guitars:: Suhr,fender
amps: Two-rock, MP CS40, MP101,

Postby atomicbot » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:33 pm

It's really awesome sounding. Total GAS for one now. :mrgreen:
atomicbot

Guitars:: Pretty much everything, but primarily Les Pauls, Teles, and 335-style guitars.

Postby atomicbot » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:53 am

I caved and ordered a Sonic Blue Twanger from ProGuitarShop.com. :D :clap:
atomicbot

Postby BJF » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:13 am

Hi there,

I was just at NAMM for four days demoing the One Control line and telling stories of the design of each pedal.

HIghlights was showing the World's most expensive sound and the World's uggliest sound and that emplyoing Gloden Acorn Overdrive Special
( my latest entry in the endless D- sounding pedal debatte) and Sonic Blue Twanger on maximum gain.

Interest was high and distribution in USA/ Canada is now handled by SFM

Have fun
BJ
BJF

Guitars:: Les Pauls, V with P-90's and humbuckers, strats,tele duo-jet and expanding; pick ups mostly Lundgren or BJF/ Lundgren
Danelectro Barython
Fender Blues De Ville, Fender Super Reverb, Marshall 5150 through various speakers

Postby BJF » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:21 am

Hi There,

Here's a clip from California last year featuring the amazing James De Prato from among others Chuck Prophet. In addition to being a great guitarist James is also one ---- of a fun guy.

:music :arrow:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1TnjeKwGk4

And here's a clip featuring bass guitar with the amazing Steve Araujo and we are having just a relaxed sit down with the One Control line and I had great fun hanging with Steve

:music :arrow:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9W1y_o5JHI

Having fun
BJ
BJF

Danelectro Barython

Postby BJF » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:54 pm

Hi there,

New models added

Rebel Red Distortion
This once came about on this forum as a custom version of BJF Dyna Red and it was specifically made to make the desired sound using a stock Stratocaster bridge pick up through among other amplifiers a Traynor and those would all be bright set ups with not so much low mids and RRD was designed to make a great distortion sound through those set ups and thus this version has a much more low mids and a lot softer treble than BJF Dyna Red and while sibling it plays like a different pedal side by side. I can say I am very happy with the OC version and I think it captures the sound and dynamics perfectly.

Raspberry Red Booster
This is a dirt booster with it’s roots in the BJF Red Rooster Booster but tuned for more use as distortion or dirt booster and it also has Z- control as found on many of my designs and this is a control that sets input impedance and by that load on a guitar pick up and so when Raspberry is connected directly to a guitar the Z- control can be used to set the rate at which the volume control ’cleans up’ and also adjust resonance of the guitar pick up.

Have fun
BJ
BJF

Danelectro Barython

Postby fatback » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:41 pm

Those both sound pretty cool Bjorn. It's time to unleash the beast in my stratus bridge pickup!
fatback

Postby BJF » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:00 am

Hi There,

Oh yes unleashing bridgepick up is always fun!

Both above would be out this month

Rock on
BJ
BJF

Danelectro Barython

PreviousNext

Return to Bjorns Corner